This webinar took place on Monday, June 29, 2015
Inclusion in chosen faith communities is the first step for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. What’s beyond inclusion: Belonging. As people move from being apart from communities of faith to being a part of a community, what are creative ways for them to “take part” and be “given parts” in the life of a congregation. How have congregations begun to recognize and honor gifts as well as needs in order to provide opportunities for individuals and families to become contributing members of their chosen congregation? What impact has that had on the whole congregation?
- Bill Gaventa, Director of Community and Congregational Supports, Elizabeth M. Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities; Adjunct Professor, Center for Disability Studies, University of Texas
- Cindy Merten, M.A., Director of Christian Education & All Abilities Inclusion Ministries, First Presbyterian Church, Birmingham
- Neil Cudney, D.Min., M.Th., Director Pastoral Ministries, Christian Horizons
- Anne Masters, M.A., Director of Pastoral Ministry with Persons with Disabilities, Archdiocese of Newark
- Deborah M. Fisher, Jewish Foundation for Group Homes
This webinar aired on June 29, 2015.
To download the webinar slides, click here.